How it works
Terms & Conditions;
- The couple select which areas of The Fir Hill Wedding Venue that they wish to hire. The hire period lasts 3 days during which time the couple have exclusive use of the venue. One day in advance, one day for the event and one day for the removal of hire items, etc.
- The couple decides whether they wish to have the legal ceremony at The Fir Hill (the Fir Hill has a wedding license) or whether it is purely a celebration of a marriage that has already taken place.
- The couple decide whether to hire a marquee or stretch tent to ‘house’ the eating area etc. from a list of preferred providers.
The couple select a caterer from our preferred list of caterers or alternatively self cater (this option is only likely to work well for smaller weddings).
- The couple decide whether they provide the alcohol for the event or whether they wish to provide a paid bar (if this option is selected Fir Hill Events will provide you with our preferred supplier list).
- During the months of July and August, the couple are required to hire the onsite Yurts for accommodation. Real Glamping provides 9 yurts each with 2 double beds and 1 King Size bed, accommodating 54 people if each yurt is fully occupied. Minimum stay is 2 days at a total price of £320. Longer stays are also available. As the venue is offered exclusively only the couples’ guests can stay during the 3 days of the venue hire.
- Other suppliers (wedding decorators, magicians, musicians, comedians etc…) are available on request. However it should be noted that the site venue has limitations caused by being entirely off-grid which limits some the these ‘extra’ activities, and therefore those couples wishing to supplement their event with such activities should consult The Fir Hill in advance.
- Only natural confetti can be used. See preferred confetti suppliers.
- Whilst parking is provided, there is a supplementary charge for larger weddings as parking attendants will be required.
- Should the couple require a wedding planner or a wedding coordinator, the Fir Hill Events team can make recommendations (see separate section for the difference between wedding planning and wedding coordination).